Where to Get Your Texas Voter ID
Texas Secretary of State and DPS to Deploy Election Identification Certificate Mobile Stations across Texas
Contact: Alicia Pierce
- By visiting ANY driver license office during regular business hours;
- By visiting one of nearly 50 driver license offices that are now open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. through November 2nd, specifically to issue EICs only;
- And now, by visiting one of these EIC mobile stations, which will make it even more convenient for eligible Texas voters to obtain an EIC closer to home.
All applicants for an EIC will need to present proof of citizenship and identity.
Many Texans already have an approved form of ID, and will not need or qualify for an EIC.
Acceptable forms of ID in addition to an EIC are:
- Texas driver license issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
A list of DPS locations open on Saturdays for EICs is available to the public.
For more information about voting in Texas, visit www.VoteTexas.gov.